Chances are your kitchen is one of the busiest rooms in your entire home. No matter the level of comfort that you have achieved in the rest of your home, chances are your family and guests will head straight toward the yummy smells and the bright lights of the hardest working room in your entire home. Additionally, if you have children, they likely work on homework and school projects in the kitchen and serious talks have likely occurred over a midnight snack. Replacing the drywall Toronto or getting new counters is a great way to increase the appeal of this room. However, if your kitchen is not welcoming and functional all of the best aspects of your kitchen space are likely going to be lost.
The 5 most common mistakes seen during a kitchen remodel include:
- Not enough counter space: While it is important to love the way the counters look, you also need to ensure they are functional. The total amount of counter space you will need is dependent on your specific kitchen needs.
- Blocking the kitchen triangle: The three areas that see the greatest amount of activity – the refrigerator, stove and sink – should be completely unobstructed from each other.
- Inadequate storage: Chances are your kitchen has a lot of stuff. If you do not have enough storage space, it will not be functional. Be sure the cabinets and other storage in your kitchen are adequate for your needs.
- Inefficient lighting: There are three general types of lighting that your kitchen will need: accent lighting, task lighting and general lighting. You will need to evaluate each area of your kitchen to determine the appropriate type of light and where it needs to be placed.
- Choosing features that are too trendy: The fact is that just because a certain color or feature is popular “right now” it does not mean it will be in a few years, or even in a few months. This is why you should select colors, counters, flooring and other accents that are timeless in nature, providing a look that you can live with even years down the road.
The most important thing to remember when you are embarking on a kitchen remodeling project for your home is to make sure that you are happy with the options and features that you choose. When you use the services of a reputable construction company you can feel confident that the kitchen created is exactly what you want. The professional will be able to help you figure out what you need and how to best meet those needs.